Terms and conditions
The St. Maarten Hospitality & Trade Association welcomes all person to place a bid and vie for the chance to win one (or more) of our Auction Items. To ensure a smooth bidding process, bidders must read the terms and conditions and agree, in order to be able to proceed further on the website.
1. By signing up with this program you agree that you will provide accurate information during the sign up process. In the event that your sign up information does not represent the bidder, SHTA retains the right to deny access to the website. All buyers must sign up and register on our website, to be an actual bidder in the web auction. YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD TO REGISTER AND/OR BID IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, YOU ARE INFORMED THAT YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO BID AND COLLECT WINNINGS.
2. To become a registered bidder, you will need to enter the following information on the sign up/registration page: o Name o Address o Phone Number o E-Mail Address o Username *Please note for items only: Persons not residing or visiting the island of St. Maarten have the options to have their item shipped to their location. However, all charges incurred for shipping and handling will be the responsibility of the bidder.
3. After this registration process is completed you will automatically be sent a computer generated "Password", directly from our server, and from the email address: email@example.com. Once you receive your password we advise that you change it to one of you choosing. You can change your password at any time. This Password along with your Username that you chose, will allow you to bid on all items for sale in the web auction. *Please note: Each bidder is only allowed one account. You may not register twice with the same email address. If you have forgotten your password, you can have it resent to you by clicking on LOST PASSWORD an email will then be send to you with instruction on how to reset your password. Do not re-register please.
4. Bid increments can only be with an increment of $5 $10 $20 or more anything below $5 or $10 will not be a valid bid.
5. Keeping true to the auction format of "sold to the highest bidder" at the end of each sale, items that have been bid on and won will be removed from the site.
6. Once a bid has been placed and you have won your auction item, you are obligated to pay and collect your winnings Located: 33a WJA Nisbeth Road, P.O Box 486, Philipsburg, St. Maarten, Dutch Caribbean Tel: +1-727-542-0108 Email: Office@shta.com Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm Weekends closed
7. Arrangements for payment, pick-up, must be completed within 10 days from the end of the auction. An email with payment instructions and information regarding collection of item will be sent to the winning bidder. Winners must have a valid ID in order to pick up their winning item or certificate.
8. In the event that payment is not completed and/or the item is not collected within the allotted time, SHTA retains the right to place the item back on the auction website and no reimbursement will be provided.
Enjoy and have fun bidding!